- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a shallow plate combine flax meal, cumin, thyme, and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl beat together egg whites and 1 tablespoon water. Set aside.
- Pat fillets dry with paper towels. Working with 1 fillet at a time, place fillets in egg whites, turning to coat. Place fillets in flax mixture, turning to coat evenly. Place fillets on baking sheet; coat tops of fillets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, for the cilantro salad, in a small bowl combine shallot, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and (if desired) honey; toss to combine. Top each fillet with cilantro salad, and serve.
View all nutritional information
Calories 154, Calories Fat 41, Total Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 48mg, Sodium 67mg, Carbohydrate 4g, Protein 25g
|Calories (fat) extra||26|
|Total Fat (extra)||7|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||4|
|Vitamin A (extra)||1|
|Vitamin C (extra)||4|