- Mix the salt, flour, sugar, cream of tartar, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter, until the mixture resembles coarse gravel.
- Whisk the cottage cheese and egg together in a small bowl.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the cottage cheese mixture.
- Mix until most of the mixture is moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries
- Turn the mixture out onto a floured work surface and gently incorporate berries. Take care not to over mix.
- Make 2 balls of dough, and flatten each into 6 inch circles on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Cut each circle into 4 wedges; but do not separate them. Bake the scones at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the scones are lightly golden brown. Cut the wedges apart.
- Serve warm or cool.