- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a rectangular 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Peel eggplant; cut crosswise into ½-inch slices. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices in eggs, then in breadcrumbs, turning to coat both sides.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add eggplant; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until golden, turning once. (Add oil, if needed.) Drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl combine cheeses, basil and oregano. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in baking dish. Layer with half the eggplant and half the cheese mixture. Spoon 1 cup sauce on cheese. Repeat layers with remaining eggplant, cheese and sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and eggplant is tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
View all nutritional information
Calories 445, Calories Fat , Total Fat 26g, Saturated Fat 11g, Cholesterol 91mg, Sodium 1242mg, Carbohydrate 26g, Protein 26g
|Total Fat (extra)||41|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||60|
|Vitamin A (extra)||14|
|Vitamin C (extra)||20|