Ham & Cheese Pinwheel Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Spartan Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 (13.8 ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 ½ cups Spartan shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced Spartan Tavern Ham
- 1 large Spartan egg
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning.
Roll out the pizza dough onto a cutting board. Brush the entire surface with the seasoned olive oil. Top with 1 up of the shredded cheese, an even layer of ham and then the remaining ½ cup cheese.
Starting from the bottom edge, tightly roll up the dough to form a log. Using a sharp serrated knife, slice the roll in half and then each half into 6 pieces. Place the rolls on their side on a nonstick or lightly oiled baking sheet.
In a small bowl, whisk together the egg with 2 tablespoons water. Brush the tops and sides of the rolls with egg wash. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.