Double Up Food Bucks
UPDATE: Fair Food Network has paused the Double Up Food Bucks program at grocery stores from August 1-December 31.
During this time you cannot earn more Double Up Food Bucks at our grocery stores but you can keep spending any Double Up Food Bucks you have already earned to date. For more information please visit Fair Food Network to learn more.
DOUBLE UP FOOD BUCKS
From apples to zucchini, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants can earn additional dollars for purchasing any fresh produce with the Double Up Food Bucks program.
With 34 Family Fare locations throughout Western, Southern and Northern Michigan and seven VG's Grocery locations in Eastern Michigan taking part in Double Up Food Bucks, it’s easier than ever for SNAP store guests to take advantage of the program and double their buying power when it comes to fresh fruits and vegetables.
For each dollar of fresh produce SNAP customers purchase using their EBT Bridge Card and yes Rewards account, an equivalent amount of points will be earned and placed on their yes account. Points will be loaded on the yes Rewards account the next day, so if you purchase produce on Tuesday for example, the points will show up Wednesday. Shoppers can then use their yes Rewards account to redeem the points for free fruits and vegetables at participating Family Fare and VG's Grocery locations. Each point is valued at $1, with a maximum dollar-for-dollar match of $20 per day on the SNAP customer’s yes account.
See the location list below for participating Family Fare and VG's Grocery stores.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) I’m a SNAP customer. Can I participate in the program if I do not have a yes Rewards account?
A) No. A SNAP customer must have a yes Rewards account to participate in the program at Family Fare and VG's Grocery, because points earned and redeemed are done so on the yes account.
Q) Do I need to pay for groceries with an EBT Bridge Card to EARN points?
A) Yes. A SNAP customer must use her EBT Bridge Card to EARN points.
Q) Can I use my WIC for Double Up Food Bucks?
A) No. A customer must pay for fresh produce with his EBT Bridge Card to earn Double Up Food Bucks points.
Q) Do I need to pay for groceries with an EBT Bridge Card to REDEEM points?
A) No. Once points are earned on the yes account, a customer can use any form of payment – including cash, check or credit card – to REDEEM those points.
Q) Can I earn or redeem points on canned or frozen produce?
A) No. The Double Up program only applies to fresh produce.
Q) Do I have to buy Michigan produce to earn points?
A) No. SNAP shoppers now earn Double Up points with the purchase of ANY fresh produce.
Q) I purchased $4.98 in produce on my EBT Bridge Card today, but there are no Double Up points showing at the bottom of the receipt in the club section. Why?
A) Double Up Food Bucks club points earned will not show up on your receipt until the next day.
Q) How can I check how many Double Up club points I have to redeem?
A) A customer’s total Double Up club points will be printed on each receipt at the bottom in the club section. However, the points the customer earned in a transaction today will not show up in the club section until tomorrow. Customers can also check Double Up points on in-store kiosks, the yes Rewards account website or using the free Family Fare and VG’s Grocery apps (available on Google Play and App Store).
Q) Can I earn points at one Family Fare or VG's Grocery store and redeem them at a different Family Fare or VG's Grocery store?
A) Yes, a customer can redeem points on his yes account at any one of the 36 participating Family Fares and seven VG's Grocery stores.
Q) Can I redeem the points at any other location participating in the Double Up program?
A) No, a customer cannot earn points at a Family Fare or VG's Grocery and redeem them at a non-Family Fare or VG's Grocery participating location. Double Up points are earned on the yes account, which cannot be used anywhere other than at Family Fare or VG’s Grocery.
Q) Why is the Double Up program only available to SNAP customers?
A) Public support of healthy food incentives limits its usage to low-income individuals who receive federal nutrition assistance, or SNAP (formerly known as food stamps).
Participating Family Fare stores - Western Michigan
• 1225 Leonard St NE, Grand Rapids, MI
• 1415 Fulton St E, Grand Rapids, MI
• 1185 Washington Ave, Holland, MI
• 993 Butternut Dr, Holland, MI
• 6127 Kalamazoo Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI
• 565 S State St, Sparta, MI
• 2900 Burlingame Ave SW, Wyoming, MI
Participating Family Fare stores - Southern Michigan
• 1406 N Eaton St, Albion, MI
• 56151 M 51 S, Dowagiac, MI
• 902 W State St, Hastings, MI
• 45 E Columbia Ave, Battle Creek, MI
• 15900 W Michigan Ave, Marshall, MI
• 847 S Kalamazoo St, Paw Paw, MI
• 1603 Capital Ave NE, Battle Creek, MI
• 1525 W Michigan Ave, Battle Creek, MI
Participating Family Fare stores - Northern Michigan
• 430 N Lake St, Boyne City, MI
• 602 S Mitchell St, Cadillac, MI
• 992 S Main St., Cheboygan, MI
• 829 W Main St, Gaylord, MI
• 1204 N State St, Gladwin, MI
• 2470 I-75BL, Grayling, MI
• 1570 N Clare Ave, Harrison, MI
• 3561 W Houghton Lake Dr, Houghton Lake, MI
• 619 N Williams St, Mancelona, MI
• 1057 Manistee Hwy, Manistee, MI
• 2026 N Saginaw Rd, Midland, MI
• 305 Morenci Ave, Mio, MI
• 5463 N Huron Rd, Oscoda Twp, MI
• 100 S Bradley Hwy, Rogers City, MI
• 409 N 5th St, Roscommon, MI
• 2626 N, M-33, Rose City, MI
• 699 US 2, Saint Ignace, MI
• 533 S Main St, Standish, MI
Participating VG’s Grocery stores - Eastern Michigan
• 1520 W Caro Rd, Caro, MI
• 710 S Mill St, Clio, MI
• 8503 Davison Rd, Davison, MI
• 7461 N Genesee Rd, Genesee, MI
• 2400 W Grand River Ave, Howell, MI
• 6764 South River, Marine City, MI
• 1341 N Michigan 52, Owosso, MI