Chicken Mac and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a pot or deep pan. Top with the allspice, garlic, salt and bay leaves.
- Fill with water, to at least one inch over the top of the chicken.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the meat is cooked through, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the cooking water and, once cool enough to handle, chop into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mac and cheese according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Stir the chicken and parsley into the mac and cheese.
- Lay out the pepper halves on a baking tray and fill generously with the mac and cheese mixture.
- At this point you have three options: 1) Eat as-is with the warm filling and raw, crunchy peppers, 2) Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake or 3) Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until peppers reach desired tenderness.