Try this bold, delicious and easy recipe for your next chili cook off, it's sure to be a hit.
- Over medium heat, cook ground meat in a large pan with the minced onion until browned. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Drain the meat.
- In a large sauce pan or stock pot over medium heat, add meat (with the onions and garlic) and mix with all other remaining ingredients except the black beans.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until you've reached the desired thickness (or if using a slow cooker, cook on high for 4 hours).
- Add black beans and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese, avocado & sour cream and serve with a side of cornbread.