- Place cream, flour and eggs in 3 separate shallow dishes. In a fourth dish combine panko and pecans. Season flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut Brie into 8 equal wedges. Dip 1 wedge in cream and then in flour, turning to coat. Dip in egg and then coat with panko mixture. Repeat with remaining Brie wedges. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add fennel, onion and vinegar; sprinkle with sugar, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat; cook and stir until very soft and deep golden brown. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Fill a large, deep saucepan with peanut oil to a depth of 2 inches. Place over medium-high heat; heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375°F. Working in batches, add Brie wedges and cook 2 minutes per side. (If adding oil to maintain depth, heat before adding Brie.)
- Arrange Brie wedges on each of 4 plates. Top with fennel?onion mixture and season with pepper. Serve immediately.
View all nutritional information
Calories 372, Calories Fat 280, Total Fat 31g, Saturated Fat 10g, Cholesterol 123mg, Sodium 236mg, Carbohydrate 13g, Protein 10g
|Calories (fat) extra||75|
|Total Fat (extra)||48|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||52|
|Vitamin A (extra)||10|
|Vitamin C (extra)||8|