Amber Murphy's Mexicali Picnic offers vibrant flavors with little effort! Vote for her recipe to help Fisher House Foundation win the Perfect Picnic Challenge! http://familyfareperfectpicnic.hscampaigns.com/
- For slider patties, combine turkey, chorizo and next four spices in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on low speed using paddle attachment for 2 minutes. Form into 12 balls, approximately 2 oz. each. Flatten each ball so it measures slightly wider than the width of the buns. Cook on a preheated grill for 3 minutes per side or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
- For aioli, combine mayo, cayenne pepper, honey, kosher salt, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- To assemble, arrange slider buns on a large cutting board. Spread bun bottoms with guacamole and spread bun tops with aioli. Top guacamole with lettuce, tomato, burger patty and queso fresco. Top the burgers with bun tops and secure with a toothpick. Serve warm or pack for a delicious picnic entrée. (We suggest the latter)
- For the Elote, preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Grill corn until tender and lightly charred all over, 7 to 10 minutes. Roll the ears in melted butter, then spread evenly with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with cotija cheese and serve with a lime wedge.
- For sweet tea, place the water in a medium stockpot pot and bring to a simmer over high heat. Remove from heat, add the tea bags, mint and basil. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Once the tea has steeped, discard the tea bags and herbs. Add the sugar, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved. Let cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- When tea has cooled, combine unfrozen watermelon and 2 cups of the brewed sweet tea and puree until combined. Pour mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Pour into tea mixture and stir. Serve over frozen watermelon cubes.
- Vote for Amber's Recipe at http://familyfareperfectpicnic.hscampaigns.com/