- For the risotto, in a saucepan bring broth to a simmer. In a large deep skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent. Add garlic and rice; cook and stir until rice is lightly toasted.
- Ladle 1 cup of the broth into skillet; stir and simmer until broth is absorbed into rice, about 5 minutes. Ladle in 1 cup more of broth; stir and simmer until broth is absorbed, about 5 minutes more. Repeat with remaining broth; stir and simmer until rice is just tender and creamy.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in Parmesan, butter and 2 tablespoons of the basil. Season with pepper to taste. Spread the risotto onto a large sheet pan. Place pan in the refrigerator; let cool completely, about 30 minutes. (Or make 1 day ahead and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Form the risotto into 8 balls. Place 1 mozzarella cube in the middle of each ball, enclosing the cheese in the rice. Slightly flatten the ball to form a thick patty.
- Place flour in a shallow dish; season with pepper to taste. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Place each patty into seasoned flour, then dip in egg, then return to flour to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add patties; cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer patties to a baking sheet. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Place 2 patties on 4 plates, top with marinara, garnish with remaining basil, and serve.
View all nutritional information
Calories 329, Calories Fat 163, Total Fat 18g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 46mg, Sodium 617mg, Carbohydrate 25g, Protein 15g
|Calories (fat) extra||49|
|Total Fat (extra)||28|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||36|
|Vitamin A (extra)||8|
|Vitamin C (extra)||3|