1 hour 30 minutes
- Heat oven to 375°F. Use 1 tbsp. butter or olive oil cooking spray to coat a 9-inch baking pan.
- In a blender, purée Deans Country Fresh 4% Cottage Cheese, whole milk, mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese mixture, uncooked pasta, and cheddar cheese - saving a 1/4 cup for topping. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into baking pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover pan, gently stir, and sprinkle with set-aside cheese. Cut remaining tbsp of butter into small pieces, and spread across the top. Bake uncovered for 30 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
Although it might not sound significant, a creamy mac 'n cheese needs more fat in the dairy mixture. Use 4% cottage cheese and whole milk for this, you won't be disappointed.