- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large nonstick skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Stir in 3 tablespoons fl our, tomato paste, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons broth; stir remaining broth into skillet. Heat to simmering and cook 2 minutes. Spread beef mixture evenly in bottom of prepared dish.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms, onion, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until onion and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Fold in peas and carrots and remaining 2 tablespoons fl our and 2 tablespoons broth. Spread vegetable mixture evenly over beef mixture.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, heat potatoes in microwave oven on high 1 minute to soften. Stir potatoes; spread evenly over vegetable mixture.
- Bake pie 20 to 25 minutes or until sides begin to bubble. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Chef Tip To brown top of fi nished pie, place oven rack about 8 inches from source of heat and preheat broiler. Lightly spray mashed potato topping with butter fl avored cooking spray and heat under broiler 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.