- Peel and cut the red onion in half.
- Place onions into a small bowl and squeeze the juice of two limes over the top. Steep onions in the juice for a minimum of 10 minutes. Onions should become more pink and transparent and juices should turn pink.
- Remove the rind and pips from the watermelon, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks. Place in a large, shallow bowl.
- If using whole feta (you can use pre-crumbled feta if you prefer), cut into similar sized pieces and carefully place it in the bowl with the watermelon so that it doesn’t loose it’s shape.
- Chop mint into small pieces and tear off sprigs of parsley leaves (you want it to stay more leaf-like). Add both items to the bowl with the watermelon and feta.
- Dump the onions and the juices over the salad in the bowl, add the 1/4 cup of oil and olives.
- Use your hands to gently toss the salad. Grind fresh black pepper to taste. Taste the salad to determine if more lime may be required and add additional juice as necessary.