White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie in a Jar
- Once you've measured out the ingredients layer them in the following order for a beautifully displayed recipe.
- Place sugar in the jar. Tamp down to create clean layers.
- Place brown sugar in the jar and tamp.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and mix. Once combined add to jar and tamp.
- Layer in the oats, cranberries, and white chocolate chips all the way to the top for a tight fit. Seal and decorate, you'll be ready for gifting in no time!
- DIRECTIONS FOR BAKING:
- PREHEAT oven to 375.
- Beat together 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 1 large egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add this to cookie mix and combine. Cover and refridgerate for 30 minutes. Place tablespoon sized balls onto ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; then move to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 18 cookies.