From restaurant gift cards to a collection of foods and pairing foods with kitchen utensils, cookbooks, and dish towels, food makes a great gift. Here are a few of our favorite food gift ideas:
Breakfast Food Basket
- Bread mix, jar of jam, and coffee beans with a mug.
Tea Time Basket
- Assortment of teas and jar of honey with a mug.
Amore Food Basket
- Whole grain pasta, pasta sauce, olive oil, parmesan cheese, biscotti, and chocolate mints.
Fiesta Food Basket
- Tortilla chips, salsa, no-salt-added canned beans, taco sauce, and margarita mix.
Movie Food Basket
- Natural popcorn, cheese popcorn, caramel or kettle corn, mini candy bars, and a Red Box gift card.
Snacks Food Basket
- Popcorn, pretzels, crunchy chickpeas, mixed nuts, trail mix, granola bars, and whole grain crackers.
Dessert Food Basket
- Brownie mix, cookie mix, chocolate chips with an oven mitt and spatula.
Craft Beer Basket
- Assortment of craft beer with popcorn or peanuts and a set of coasters.
- Bottle of wine with a box of whole grain crackers and set of wine glass tags.
Basket for Fido
- Dog kibble, can of dog food, tennis ball, and bone.
Kids can even enjoy food gifts too! Cereal, snack crackers, animal crackers, macaroni and cheese, and individual servings of fruit and pudding make a kid friendly food basket they are sure to love.
Nuts are an excellent source of healthy fats as well as a source of protein and a great addition to most food gift baskets. Individuals who consume nuts are healthier compared to those who choose other snack foods. This week, Wonderful Pistachios are on sale for $3.99 for an 8 ounce package. Pick up a few for gift baskets and for yourself too!
Since the food gifts in the baskets above are non-perishable foods, you can always include a gift card to our store for the recipient to shop for the fresh ingredients needed to make a meal. If the recipient does not enjoy cooking or snacking at home, you can also shop our store for an excellent section of gift cards for restaurants that will treat them to a night out. From fast food, coffee, and casual dining to formal restaurants, you are sure to find a restaurant gift card that will please.
This year think of VG's Grocery as you complete your holiday shopping. Food gifts not only please the recipient, but also show you care! Whether you include healthier foods such as whole grain pasta over refined pasta or make sure the food gift matches any dietary restrictions the recipient has, food gifts are a great way to show you care. Remember, when it comes to gift giving, it is the thought that counts and showing you care is one of the greatest gifts. Happy Holidays!
"This medical and/or nutritional information is not intended to be a substitute for individual advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition."
Stephanie is an award-winning registered dietitian who believes in empowering every individual to make nutritious food choices to support a healthy lifestyle. She believes in the power of food as medicine and loves sharing about nutrition with others.